How to change forgotten password on windows – Have you forgotten your password, well don’t panic here is procedure on how to change forgotten password on windows 7, 8 and windows XP. Please note that if you are using windows 10 there is a different method to change or reset your password.
NOTE: This is for educational purpose and XISCOTECH will not take responsibility for any actions taken by someone maliciously to change someone else windows password irrespective of the variant of the windows machine.
How to change forgotten password on windows 7, 8
There are two steps to achieve such fit, one of the steps is to use windows installation system for your current windows operation system
- Place your windows operating system CD into your CD ROM
- Boot from the CD.
Note: most modern operating system do not need you to go to the BIOS to reset the boot order in other to boot from the cd.
- Allow boot procedure to get to the installation screen.
- Click on repair your computer .
- Follow the instruction on screen untill you get to the CMD option, click on it.
- Type in the following command into the command line interface
copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\ hit the Enter key
- Type in the following command into as well
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe and hit the Enter key
Now reboot your computer and you can enjoy.
Method two on how to change forgotten windows password
Incase you don’t have the windows installation cd for your windows operating system, not to worry we can reset it as well.
- Boot your computer to the windows logon screen
- Press the Shift key 5 times
- Then you will see an administrative command prompt
- Type in Net “chidera” “123456” and hit the enter key
Note: chidera is username of the account you want to change, 123456 is the new password you wish to put.
- Buya I told you, that is all you need to do and your windows password will be changed
You can click here to read on how to recover forgotten password on windows 10. don’t forget to share