How to change forgotten password on windows 10 – Yeah windows 10 is a new operating system and I believe is currently Microsoft smartest operating system because of its security, it’s response to virus and some of the new app features that came with it.
You can read more on windows 10 review by clicking here, so you will know why there is this long hype about windows 10. Is it really worth it?
But that is not the contention of this post I will be writing for those of you who have lost their windows 10 password, not to panic XISCOTECH is here to help…. what are we here for.
Please Note: This is for educational purpose and XISCOTECH do not take responsibility of any malicious action or damage caused by someone in following the below listed steps.
Steps One on How to Change Forgotten Password on Windows 10
First of the steps is to use the Microsoft rest password website were you will see three option, select the forgotten password option is you are trying to recover the password to an account on the computer that is tired to an online email address or online identity.
Follow the on screen procedure to answer the few security questions available, then if all the data supplied is correct your password will be recovered to you.
Step two on How to Change Forgotten Password on Windows 10
If the procedure listed above does not work for you not to worry am not yet done I have another method for you.
- Place windows 10 installation CD into your CD ROM
- Boot from the installation cd either by changing the BIOS boot order or waiting for the system to prompt you to hit any key
- Immediately the setup has started hit the key combination “Shift + F10”
- Command prompt appears on the screen which we are going to use to change the utility manager with the cmd with the following lines of codes which is to be typed into the command line interface
move d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak hit the enter key
copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe hit the enter key
- On completing this procedure enter the following command into the command line interface “wpeutil reboot”. This will restart the machine.
Once the restart is complete, click on the utility manager, if you followed all the procedure correctly you will get this at your logon screen.
- Type in the following lines of codes into the command line to create a new user account
net user <username> /add Note: replace the username with the name you want the account to bear
net localgroup administrators <username> /add Note: replace the username with the name you want the account to bear
- Click on your newly created account to logon to it.
- Right click on the startup menu and select “computer management”
- Move down to local users and group
- Scroll down to the affected account
- Right-click on the affected account and Choose the “Set Password” option.
- Here we choose a new set of credentials to regain access into our account
Note: this method only works if you don’t have to sign in with your Microsoft account online that is everything is offline
With the below steps you should be able to change your password, if none of this procedures changed the password , then i would advise you call Microsoft or contact them.
you can also read on How to Change Forgotten Password on Windows 10, windows 7, 8 and 8.1